9 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers
Plugins have the power to take your website to another level. So Bloggers are usually keen on using the right plugins to improve their website quality. So In this blog, we have listed the plugins which are the best in the current market.
Table of Contents
Yoast is one of the best and famous SEO plugins. It contains many features in it, which gives the best results for bloggers. Even Though it has many advantages, it is available free of cost. So we can blindly tell Yoast is the plugin that every blogger can ask for.
- Yoast displays green color light when the contents on the website are SEO optimized.
- It helps bloggers by creating automatically updated sitemaps.
- It also allows you to check out the content’s search snippet.
- It allows you to integrate with Google search console so that you can see how Google indexes your website.
- Using Yoast plugin, one can set canonical URLs, which helps to avoid duplicate content and Google penalties.
- It also has a provision to add meta tags.
Redirection is the plugin that you can use to redirect any URLs in your website. Currently, it has one million active installs. Thereby we can say it is an excellent choice to use a redirection plugin as the cost is also free.
- It is effortless to use the plugin without any technical knowledge.
- It contains multiple redirect options which are through
- Login status
- Ip address
- Cookies settings, and more.
- One can easily handle 301 redirects and track 404 errors in their website
- Bloggers can control the redirects of the web page so that they can see how many redirects are happening in a particular period.
- The remarkable advantage is that using a redirection plugin, a blogger can analyze which posts or pages are not loading correctly, and it helps them to fix the issue right away.
Usually, the performance of the website can be measured based on how to speed the website is loading. Using WP Rocket, the website images will load right after the images are accessible to the user. The speed of the website plays a vital role in user experience and Google search rankings. It is also available free of cost.
- It is considered as a lightweight plugin so that it does not affect either of your site’s performance or speed.
- One can use this plugin for thumbnails, posting contents, iFrame images, etc
- It reduces the number of HTTP requests, which in turn reduces your page load times.
Smush is the best image optimization plugin, which automatically optimizes the images whenever you upload the images in the media library. Image optimization is the best way to reduce your page loading time. You can get this plugin free of cost.
- As we already told, this plugin will automatically optimize your images by resizing and compressing the images.
- It is doing the optimization without comprising the image quality. So it does not affect your performance and ranking of your website.
- Smush has its own server to do the optimization work. Thus it reduces the usage of your resources.
WPForms is one of the best plugins which helps to increase your revenue. It may be confusing for you now how it improves the revenue. Basically, WPForms helps to reduce the form of abandonment.
Form Abandonment is nothing, but the users who are interested in your product/business fill out the form(user details) but leave the website without submitting it. It majorly affects your business. WPForms are helping to make the forms in your website user interactive.
- A non-technical person can also create forms easily using drag and drop options using this plugin.
- It contains several form templates with the required fields, so you can use the one that fits your need.
- It is the best plugin to create your contact forms, and also it will not reduce the speed/performance of your website.
- It has numerous features which are very useful, such as collect payments, conduct surveys, job application form, and more.
Insert Headers and Footers plugin is particularly handy for the non-coders. This plugin comes into picture when you want to add a code of snippet in a header or footer of the website. If you are afraid of messing up the code and breaking the site, it is just a nightmare. It is not going to happen as Insert Headers, and Footers plugin can do all the things for you. All you need to do is just adding the script into the plugin’s simple interface.
- It is a boon to the non-technical bloggers as it helps to insert the code at the website’s specified location.
According helps you to display more content on your website without any scroll bar. These plugins mainly implemented to add accordions to your site. Accordians are nothing but the collapsed view of the content with the visible header. It is available free of cost in the market.
- This plugin will make your website look better without much effort.
- It contains responsive designs that display your content more beautiful and neat on all devices.
Akismet is undoubtedly a must-have plugin as it filters the spam comments in your blog. It is a time-consuming process to find out all the spam comments and remove them. So this plugin makes it an easy task. It is one of the two plugins preinstalled in WordPress. It will not be activated by default, even though it preinstalled.
- It is beneficial for popular websites as it will receive more spam comments to spoil their popularity among the users.
- As it reduces the time consumption massively, You can use that energy and resource productively in some other areas.
Nowadays, hacking is a common threat that every internet user is facing. So this plugin contains several ways to protect your WordPress website from hackers.
Most of the WordPress website admins are not aware of the vulnerability of their site. Here iThemes Security plugin helps to lock down your website, fix common issues, strengthen user credentials, and more.
- It has two-factor authentication. One is by generating code using an app such as Google Authenticator or Authy. The other one is sending the generated code to the respective user’s mail id.
- It allows you to schedule a scan every day and send mail to the user with the details.
- It urges the user to create a strong password right away from the profile creation.
- It also set the password expiry period and forces the user to change the password immediately. It makes the website more secure.
We have listed nine must-have plugins for your websites and described why you need to have it. Now it is your turn to use those plugins effectively on your website. Anyone can be a blogger, but by time passes, you will face many difficulties in maintaining your website. So it is a smart move to create a website with all the necessary plugins in an initial stage itself.
We are hoping that this guide is an eye-opener for those people who are confused about the must-have plugins for your website. We tried our best to explain it quickly and clear. If you are thinking so, support us by leaving your comments in the comment section.